Friday, August 29, 2008

Slow Food Nation '08: San Francisco Attacked by 50,000 Foodies - City Under Delicious Siege

It starts tonight and goes throughout this long, and what looks to be very warm, Labor Day weekend. Here's the link to the Slow Food website in case you haven't heard about this potentially historic event. If you are in the area, there are many free, open to the public, events and exhibitions planned - so come on over - the revolution will not be televised, but will be catered.

I am covering events Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, for this blog and others, so I'm not quite sure when articles, photos, and/or videos will be up. However, rest assured that I'll be sharing as much as I can possibly manage - as soon as I can manage. Stay tuned, and take it slow.


If you are interested, here is a three-part video that cover the origins of the Slow Food movement.

Part 1


Part 2


Part 3

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really wanted to attend the event(s) - just couldn't make it happen. Glad to see there will be good coverage. Thanks Chef!

Anonymous said...

thanks, - very interesting and hopeful trend

Anonymous said...

This is the way to go. We had salmon the other night in a Cajun style and were looking for something to go with it and chose a box of "Dirty Rice" being lazy. As I was cooking it I noticed that my beer was tasting funny and decided it was bad and switched to wine, it also tasted bad to me but I knew it was good. I surmised it was the strong smells of sodium and processed food that was affecting me. Given that we rarely eat processed foods, the smells/tastes of it are much stronger in a bad way now. Next time I'll look up a recipe for dirty rice and make it myself. On a nicer note, we've been eating real tomotoes from our garden everyday for the past few weeks and looks like we have a few weeks more left of them, what a relief over the store bought ones.

Chef John said...

Amen!

Jairus said...

awesoome!! thanks for posting these chef jon! really interesting